Thursday, March 26, 2009

In Limbo Between Mind and Body

In the last few days I've drank so much coffee that the phrase "my brain is melting" has become a staple utterance. The reason for this, in two words: retail job. Arriving from an academic tour high right into a sell-your-soul-to-satan-for-money kind of low can only be endured with copious amounts of caffeine.

Thankfully, I am leaving the country once again, to visit Northwestern University in Evanston (right next to Chicago). Initially, I wasn't going to visit it, but then I decided that it would be silly not to. What have I got to lose? It's a fantastic program with fantastic faculty members. They absolutely deserve a visit. I fly on Monday morning and return Wednesday night. Ahh, the sweet flavour of anticipated travel.

Among other activities, I've been keeping busy (translation: procrastinating more useful tasks) with a new marvel of Interwebs teknologie: Looklet.com. Just see what amazing looks it has allowed me to create!




Achingly chic, aren't they? I would absolutely wear all three (and I do wear similar things). But this is nothing compared to the things my lovely friend pledgerose creates over at her fashion blog Aduial Reverie...

Tah tah for now!

4 comments:

pledgedrose said...

Another trip. Thank goodness. It'll at least allow some 'you' time away from all this horrid retail stuff that seems to, more and more, give you grief. I worry about you, dear.

Those styles! My goodness - dress me. Or, at least, let's shop. It would possibly be fatal, but the world has to come to terms with our forces (awesomeness) sooner rather than later. I adore your arrangements ever so much, for which I'm stoked to see you wrote a shout out to me and dared to compare.

*rogue blush* You're a dear.
Just know thou iz mien inzpirayshon.

JuliaA said...

i really should have applied to northwestern when i was looking at schools, and i regret it now. it's an excellent school. but i got a big scholarship elsewhere, and so it goes.

about a mile south of evanston there is devon street, with all sorts of indian and pakistani foods. and there is ethiopian food, and a little ethiopian market called kukulu. and amazing thai food--chicago has a really large thai population, so there's three thai restaurants within a block of where i live. we have great museums and a beautiful skyline with interesting architecture. and then there's the lake. the lake is gorgeous. there's a lot to like about chicago. you might be able to tell that i'm partial to interesting ethnic food. hope you enjoy your visit.

sorry to hear about the brain-numbing retail job. i've done plenty of that myself. arrrgh.

sleepingpoet said...

juliaA - thanks so much for your comment. I did indeed have a very nice visit, and the lake is so painfully beautiful! Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time to check out some of those incredible-sounding restaurants you mentioned... There is a good chance that I will accept the offer to Northwestern--I have to speak with my mentor today about my choices... In any case, I'll let you know!

pledgerose - Come to Toronto and let's shop my darling!

K'arhol said...

in love with all three !!!